[TechAssist] Re: Zenith B25A02Z tuner problem

Text pasted from WinSTIPS 2.0
http://www.ServiceSoftware.com

ZENITH   175-2721

Int Oper Of Low Band

John Kincaid Sos Tv

Solder Bad In 175-2721 Pins From Pc And Choke In Left Lower Corner Opposite
Rf Nipple Left Lower 3/8 Inch Up From Bottom

ZENITH   175-2721

New Tuner Pins Out Different - Loads Down 5v Line

 Service Talk

Change Rx3417 [Near Ic2100 At Rear] From 680 To 470 Ohms

ZENITH   B25A11Z

Looks Like Tuner, Snow Only And Occassional Black Streaks Like Video

                                                          (Martronics)

Replace Icx200. Check Pin 3 For 4v. Also Tuner Pin 1 Agc Was At 0v. Part #
2211165

ZENITH   B25A24Z

Tuning Static

If You Are Not Receiving Broadcast Sound, But Have Audio Noise:  Remove
Tuner Or Disconnect Pins 4 & 5, Then Turn Set On, If Snow Doesn'T Return,
Check Clock & Data Lines Pins 5 & 6 On Eeprom.  If Clock & Data Are There,
Problem Most Likely Icx2200 (Ta1268n) Zenith # 221-1165.  Part Actually
Cheaper From Zenith.

Bob Waterman, CET® #RI-28
Master Technician License #9109
Service Manager / Parts Manager