[TechAssist] Re: Zenith B25

  • From: "Damon" <damon101@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2001 02:36:57 -0500

Man I don't want to scare you, but that symptom reminds me of a shorted crt.
You may want to monitor the b+ and see if you can use that as a reference to
watch during failure. If so, you can pull the crt board and see if your B+
returns to normal with the crt unplugged and goes bad with the crt
connected. ALSO NOTE: we have seen cathode to heater shorts on some zenith
crts which will exhibit white screen with retrace lines, shrinking vert/horz
deflection and sometimes some smps squeal (slight). If this is the case you
can purchase a heater isolater, cut the heater connects and install the
isolator.