[TechAssist] Zenith A50M84W1 severe bow all sides,flipping

  • From: "Philip Bader" <pbader@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Techassist" <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 4 Feb 2006 07:51:50 -0500

I need your help:
 I had to go look at a 50" Zenith of a friend Thursday night.I sold it to
him last year as unclaimed for the repair ticket. Turned it on, and I see a
severly bowed,pulled in  rapidly flipping picture. It is so unstable I am
not sure of it is a comvergence issue.I need advice.
Model: Zenith A50M84W1
deflection/power board: 9-1978
convergence output module: 9-1690-1
The 9-1690 uses two STK392-110 ICs.
I don't remember if this symptom is a bad converg 9-1690, and if so, are the
two STKs bad?
I am quickly forgetting my symtom/cures. I have my shop computer torn down
in storage,gave away all my schmatics,etc.
What do you think?
Of course I reminded he and his wife I no longer am on open account, have
sold my parts, given away my diagrams and boxed up my gear. Still "could you
just look at it?"
I hurt all Friday from laying on my sides behind it. Oh, I resoldered the
two STKs and no help. She said it was intermittant.Took 30 minutes,now
constantly that way.
Philip Bader
Polk County School Board
Electronics Shop, Bartow,Fl.
(former owner, Jan Phyl TV Inc.,Winter Haven, Fl. from 1976-2006)
email: pbader@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
phone # given by request