[TechAssist] Re: Zenith 9-1389 Goes BLACK (Sometimes GREEN)

  • From: "Damon" <DAMON101@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2001 22:22:35 -0500

Take a couple feet of insulated wire so you can create and isolated heater
for this. Remember one of the techs here said that they had "perfected the
self shorting crt"? You may very well have this problem.

2 or 3 wraps around the core of the IHVT and you should get about 6 vpp of
heater voltage, cut the copper trails from the orig heater connectors and
install the wire to the crt socket.
I don't know if this is what you will find when you get out there, but take
it just in case.

Damon Brunger
damon101@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Telrad Electronic Services