[TechAssist] Zenith 25" - Model #Z25A11S/Main Module#9-1790 - Black Screen with audio and OSD

  • From: "Don Cohen" <bond007d@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 16 May 2003 16:54:49 -0400

Hello,

TV powers up showing in the upper right corner of screen a blue display that
shows channel 2, the time, and MONO.  Pressing a channel button changes the
channel 2 line to VIDEO.  If using cable, screen remains all black (except
for the upper right display), and there is no audio (not even a snow sound).
If I connect a VCR to the AV jackes, I can get proper audio, but video is
still all black.  Autoprogram detects no channels at all in cable or Air
mode.

I don't have a schematic for this chassis.  Could someone give me the tuner
pinouts, with voltages (they aren't silk-screened on bottem of board)?
Assuming that data, clock, and voltages are OK, would these symptoms most
likely indicate a bad tuner?  I tested the video processor (ICX2200) in
another set and it worked fine, so I don't think it could be that.  Seems
like that would only leave the EEPROM as another possibility, but I still
think the tuner is the most likely culprit.

Thanks,
Don Cohen
DC Electronics
Shinglehouse, PA 16748