[TechAssist] Re: When do TVs implode?

  • From: Philstv@xxxxxxx
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 23 Dec 2002 09:41:25 EST

My Dad had his own business since the time I was born, and I've been in
business 22 years making that total of 46 years and have yet to see a CRT
implode. I've seen CRT's split from the banding strap being too tight while
working for RCA Service back in the late 70's. I've had the neck sheared off
from a picture hanging on the wall fall down behind the set. I have thrown
rocks at the face of dude tubes that RCA didn't require back under warranty,
just the neck with serial number and none of this caused implosion. I have
heard stories of them doing just this from some of the older tech's at RCA,
but all of them were from black & white tubes.

Phil@Phil's TV & VCR
34651 Ford Road
Westland.MI. 48185
734-728-5925