[TechAssist] Re: What do you charge?

  • From: Joe Batchelor <jbc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 04 Nov 2002 18:44:42 -0600

A customer is the one that gives you money.  A person on the phone is not
a customer until he gives you money.

Most shops at this time do not charge for public relations.  It may come to
that with a 900 number, but not yet.

Often a technician, owner, does not count his time as an expense.
He ends up working 18 hours a day to make the pay of 8 hours.

It is extremely difficult to troubleshoot a set and answer the phone.

Several years ago I worked up a spread sheet program to calculate the
cost of doing business.  It added up all expenses and divided it by the
number of sets you can fix in a day.  It would give the cost per set.
You could change the number of sets, change the number of technicians,
add a secretary etc and find out how much each sets costs.

Joe Batchelor CET TX 80