[TechAssist] Virus in search results-Re: Zenith High Voltage Block. A17196-04

  • From: "TechAssist Admin." <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "TechAssist" <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 15 Sep 2001 10:03:20 -0500

I want to warn everyone about something very odd.  I just
did a search for A17196-04 to try and help Frank find this
part below.  DON'T DO IT.  You could download the virus
that I just downloaded!  It's a good thing I had Norton
running.  ALL I was doing is searching for this word with
Copernic 2001 Pro.  It's a search engine program that uses
all SE's at once to search the net, it then downloads the
results into it's window and you click them.  I typed in the
word, hit 'enter' and seconds later this window popped up!
I did not click ANYTHING, I did NOTHING (then norton
deleted it) This is just how bad the HTML virus problem is.
Who would think you must have norton running
just to do a websearch!  That's why mine is running ALWAYS
when I am connected to the net.  I can't say which SE found
the file, but you can see the name of the webpage on the
screen shot.  ca-2000-04.htm
http://orpheuscomputing.com/virus.gif

(Needless to say Frank, nothing on this part showed up).
-Clint

God Bless Us All
http://orpheuscomputing.com
Clint Hamilton, Owner