[TechAssist] Re: Vir*s spreading to list members******please read!

  • From: "J Silverman" <greentron@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 2 Mar 2002 14:04:30 -0500

Not just list members! My ISP keeps getting choked up with all the virxs
traffic and sometimes cuts me off every couple of minutes. I got hit with a
virxs several days ago in spite of my CA protection and it couldnt sweep it
out. Had to install Norton to get rid of it.
When I got hit, a number of servers notified me and each one identified it
as a different virxs, so even they cant keep track of all of them. The
people writing these things keep making little subtle changes each day
hoping for a big hit. Its just getting too dangerous. I think I am just
going to dedicate one computer to communications and nothing else and back
up the important files so that when the inevitable big overwhelming hit
comes, I can easily recover.
Jerry Silverman
Greentron Inc
4 Newland Ave