[TechAssist] VCR RCA VR506 timing

  • From: MagLfixIt4ya@xxxxxxx
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, MagLfixTvNyc@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2002 10:17:31 EST

Hello Techs, when this vcr came in it had a worn link gear that operates the
cassette housing, after replacing it still will not except a cassette, it
takes the cassette in about half way and spits it right back out, I have
checked the timing in the "under chassis" such as the cam gear and slide
plate and the timing in the "above chassis" assembly looks good also, the
timing also looks good in the cassette housing.
If I take the housing out the carriage loads and unloads a cassette manually,
and the main mechanism loads and unloads with no problem, what am I missing?
I don't think this is a mode switch problem because as the cassette goes in
it seems to jam before it kicks back out, anyone have any idea's? Any help is
appreciated.
Don from Affordable Electronics
              153 Garfield Pl.
              Brooklyn NY 11215