[TechAssist] Re: Update, Fixed? Panasonic CT27G14A, Chassis AP330, (NA6DV), Vertical, sound and OSD problem

  • From: "Art Bevilacqua" <abevilac@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 25 May 2004 22:33:08 -0400

We kept at this set with a few suggestions from Peter Kowalik and Jim =
McVey,
thanks all.

I narrowed down the "hot/cold" area to the two surface mount capacitors =
that
connect the two crystal lines to ground (pins 62 and 63 on the
microprocessor I believe). We removed those caps, and then cleaned rosin =
and
glue gunk that was under them and the set ran fine. We replaced the caps =
and
the set has been running well for three days, and no amount of heat =
under
there causes problems anymore.

Bottom line, glue/rosin under crystal caps.

Thanks all,

Art Bevilacqua
Essex Radio and TV
40 Main Street