[TechAssist] Re: Unusual FIX for XP

  • From: Bil Green <tv.vcrrepair@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Bil Green <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 4 Oct 2004 14:19:46 -0700

I should have mentioned in the first reply that it's true that System
Restore often doesn't work when you really need it. That's why this
guy wrote the article on how to use the Recovery Console to Make it
work (even when you can't get into Windows).

Bil Green
PC 1000
Mammoth Lakes, CA 93546

It's in Programs >> Accessories > System Tool
BG> But the Recovery Console needs to be booted up from the Windows CD,
BG> unless you install it on your system - good thing. Then there will
BG> be a boot menu just before Windows starts:

BG> "Microsoft Windows XP Home"
BG> "Microsoft Windows Recovery Console"

BG> Bil Green
BG> PC 1000
BG> Mammoth Lakes, CA 93546
BG> 760-924-1000

BG> Monday, October 4, 2004, 1:48:09 PM, you wrote:

b>> Am I mistaken to say that restore is accessable from the 'console" menu?
b>> There's a whole laundry list of stuff to chose from.

b>> Jim McVey
b>> McVey Alltronix
b>> 327 Broadway
b>> Newburgh N.Y. 12550

b>> Factory authorized
b>> service for over 20
b>> major brands.
b>> 845 561 8383
b>> ----- Original Message -----
b>> From: "Bil Green" <tv.vcrrepair@xxxxxxxxxxx>
b>> To: "becyn" <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
b>> Sent: Monday, October 04, 2004 2:19 PM
b>> Subject: [TechAssist] Re: Unusual FIX for XP

b>> ----