[TechAssist] Toshiba SD-1600, reads disc error.

  • From: Kevin <kevintv@xxxxxxx>
  • To: TECH-ASSIST <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 12 Jul 2003 01:08:22 -0700

This Toshiba DVD player will accept the disc, but the disc will not
spin.  All the player does is make ?searching? noises for a few seconds
and then the display reads, ?Disc Error?.  The laser is emitting a red
light, but I don?t know if it is weak or not.  Does it sound like it is
the spindle motor or the pickup?  This is my first DVD player in for
repair.  TIA

Kevin Wilks
Kevin's TV & Video Repair
Penticton BC Canada