[TechAssist] Toshiba Regulator STRS5041 running very hot?

  • From: "Bruce Tiedeman" <btied@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 1 Jun 2004 12:22:54 -0400

Toshiba CX2858 Chassis 8815!

Working good but the regulator is getting very hot to the touch. I replace
this regulator and Capacitors in the regulator circuit.
Capacitor C861 (2200pf) was split and caused diode D860 to short out and the
damage regulator.The regulator voltage to the H.O.T is normal 115 volts.
Nice clean pulse their also (at the H.O.T). Is this normal on these chassis,
for the regulator to be so hot or am I overlooking some thing.

thanks
Bruce.

B&T Electronics
139 Margaret St