[TechAssist] Toshiba Model TP55F81\Shuts dn\Fixed

  • From: armando guerra <birdie@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 22 Jun 2005 17:31:23 -0700

This is the set that at power on,high voltage would come up for a few
seconds and the tv would shutdn.I really put too much time on this set
but just because of a new faulty part.
I had allready confirmed that the conv,ic's were not problem.I had
removed the stand-up bd and resoldered all connections,top and
bottom.Had resoldered the sweep bd.and still same problem.What I did
find when I first started working on this set was 2pins on the vertical
ic shorted out so I thought,this will take care of the problem after I
install a new ic.
So since I still had the shutdn problem,I went and checked all the ckts
with the troubleshooting flow chart that Bob Waterman (again thanks)
sent me and I ended back up where I started,the vertical ic.The first
LA7833 that I used was a SK and it was a bad one.I ordered some more
7833's that were not sk,installed it and no more shutdn.
I want to thank all the techs that helped me with tips and also with all
the info.
Mando
Birdie's TV & Electronics
Casa  Grande, AZ
PS, I don't think that I will be using the SK line too much anymore.I am
still hurting.