[TechAssist] Re: Toshiba DVD/VCR Deck - Dead After Storm

  • From: mebonnell@xxxxxxxxx (Old TV Man)
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 19 Jul 2005 12:45:28 -0500

I use a Lil Bitty Tester.
It will test transistors, FET's, SCR's and triacs etc.

Max Bonnell
Bonnell TV
Robinson, IL

Sender: techassist-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx From:
gary@xxxxxxxxxxx(Gary=A0McCartney) Date: Tue, Jul 19, 2005, 12:46pm
(CDT+1) To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx Subject: [TechAssist] Re: Toshiba
DVD/VCR Deck - Dead After Storm Reply=A0to: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Usually shorts. I like to compare the suspect FET with a new one,
measuring with my Fluke multimeter.

Gary McCartney
McCartney Electronics
Guelph Ontario Canada
Est. 1984
email: gary (at) number63.ca

David Lessard wrote:

I hope this doesn't come off sounding like stupid questions. I've always
been told no questions are too stupid so here it goes. When the main
drive FET in a SMPS goes bad do they usually open or short? What is the
most reliable method of testing a FET? Thanks.

David Lessard
Mr_fixit@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Alexandria, Ontario, Canada
K0C-1A0