[TechAssist] Re: Toshiba DVD Video Player SD-2109U (Motor)

  • From: "Paniagua" <breadywater@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 14 Nov 2003 18:26:03 -0800 (Pacific Standard Time)

the new one it get hot as soon I turn it on , so I desconect the conector
that go to the motor assbly and the Ic do not get Hot I take the motor th=
at
move the cd or spindle it. and inject a small voltage and the motor do no=
run and the power supply I use indicate me that something is wrong  becou=
se
I get a red light that it turn on when there is a short in some place and=
 at
this moment is the motor that i have hook up to it. .also a motor cd is
suppose to turn freely when we move by hand and this turn but you feel it=
 do
not move freely.=0D
do any body know the part number for the motor only ,becouse the assbly
complyte cost about $150.00 and today for lest that , that amount they ge=
t a
new unite.=0D
thank you .=0D
Jose.=0D
Paniagua TV/VCR service=0D
Phone 718-367-1527=0D
Fax 775-415-8139=0D
 =0D
-------Mensaje original-------=0D
 =0D
De: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx=0D
Fecha: Friday, November 14, 2003 12:06:55 PM=0D
A: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx=0D
Asunto: [TechAssist] Re: Toshiba DVD Video Player SD-2109U (Motor)=0D
 =0D
Is the motor making noise with out spinning? If so, the driver ic needs t=
o=0D
be changed. It's a KA3032. The motor is part of the complete mechanism.=0D
 =0D
Matt De Young @ Gibbys Electronics=0D
St. Catharines, Ont Canada=0D
gibbys_elec@xxxxxxxxxxx=0D