[TechAssist] Re: Toshiba DVD THIS IS WILD

  • From: "David Lessard" <mr_fixit@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 11 Dec 2003 09:50:05 -0500

I'm in tears reading this. I don't believe it's possible for a DVD
player's BIOS to be flashed without knowing the specific make and model.
BIOS flash routines are written for specific hardware. Unless the
"dirty" DVD had code to flash this Toshiha DVD player BIOS it's quite
impossible. Now if it came out of the box that way it may be a practical
joke from a disgruntled employee, specifically the guy blasting the
BIOS's. That's just my two cents. Anyone else?

David Lessard

Alexandria Electronics
50 Harrison Street
Alexandria, Ontario