[TechAssist] Toshiba CE36G18 TAC9708 dead AND a panson fix

  • From: "Lyles Tv" <tech@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 16 Oct 2002 13:57:07 -0500

With the help of a friend, I have found that pins 2 and 3 of the T862 do not
ring.  I happened to have a donor chassis here from a dead 27" that I
eventually condemned, and also found that pins 2 and 3 did not ring.  I do not
know if the donor part was also my problem from the donor tv.  The part is non
stock tritronics.  Can someone tell me definatively if this is my problem by
either ringing one that you have, or might have had this problem.  The number
on the transformer is TPW-3321AG    or  TPW3321 BD
Thanks for the help getting this far Ralph, and let me know if you DIDN'T get
my e-mail with that panasonic service kit fix.  For everyone else, I will cut
and paste this fix here.

Panasonic model PT51G20   chassisAEDP809
very intermittant shutdown
1) Pull and completly solder ALL of the "B" board

2) on the "B" board, there are two red caps that have 2 pots under them that
have epoxy on them. Bad juju.  Replace with kit # TXANV096SER kit has pots,
epoxy, and destructions

3) Check (I would just replace) the following resistors for being out of
tolerance.

R1934

1932

1973