[TechAssist] Thomson News relating to the new CTC211 model D52130

  • From: Dennis Viereck <wa6ati@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2002 19:09:34 -0800

Just recently it was brought to our attention a technical issue with the Thomson
CTC211 chassis (Model D52130).  Thomson tech-line has informed us the following:

Inform the customers to ONLY plug the units into an wall outlet. Do not plug
into a cable box, or any switched AC source. The reason being if AC power is
lost while the unit is on, there is a high chance of the CRT's getting burnt.
We have seen 2 cases thus far and I'm sure we will see more.

Dennis Viereck

SUBJECT field to the address above.