[TechAssist] Re: This ones for the ol' timers..RCA

  • From: <info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "TechAssist" <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 11 Nov 2001 05:04:35 -0600

From GOMDWIL@xxxxxxx

Hello Jeff, I am an ol' timer and I can tell you QUIT while
you are ahead , unless you have a lots of old parts on hand.
That is Ch# CTC68A ,year 1977, Sams#1703.And if you got it
going the picture quality may not be exceptable. Good
Luck ---GOW TV Service

In a message dated Sat, 10 Nov 2001
8:40:32 PM Eastern Standard Time, "Jeff Dougherty"
<jeff@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> I saw this unit when I was at the customers house for
another repair. I
> didn't really want to take the back cover off and go
through that, but the
> set is an older RCA model said GB688S, no chassis or year
on the back. This
> one has the uhf/VHF tuner
> Slight pincushion down from the top and picture badly
converged. Placing in
> service mode, Blue line is curved to the top of center
line, green down from

www.thetoolcaddy.com