[TechAssist] Re: The Future?

  • From: Larry <schntv@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 23 Jun 2005 15:39:46 -0400

I understand that, i dont even always wear my glasses to watch
tv, i guess im just not an avid tv watcher, i like gardening
and being out doors, but in winter i can sleep pretty good by
the tv.  A cable converter will work for me, . to watch the
old black and white movies on TBS.  Im not a sports fan and
dont really care what number is on his helmet.
BuT,  i hope everyone buys a 3000 buck tv so I can fix it
later, I doubt they will throw it away as easily.
Larry

Phil Bader wrote:
> Like my customers in the 70's and 80's with their nice good looking TVs
> with knob tuners.The cable co came out with more than 12 VHF cable
> channels. The owners didn't throw the TVs out by the street and run
> en-masse to the stores for the "new cable ready" sets. No, they used a
> cable box for years...But people were a bit more conservative with their
> earnings. And not so mesmorised by sales type. Joe the plumber watched
> the news after work and that was that. he didn't whine because it wasn't
> cutting edge. I agree the future can't be stopped,but  still....
> Phil
>
> Philip Bader
> Jan Phyl TV Inc. (estab. 1976)
> 3420 Recker Hwy. Winter Haven, Fl. 33880
> Fax (863) 299-8821
> email: tjanphyl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>

> Kevin's TV Repair wrote:
>

>>People will be able to buy or rent digital HDTV boxes from the cable
>>company that will output both HDTV and NTSC signals.  Just like many
>>people do right now with the digital cable boxes so they can get the
>>extra digital channels.
>>
>>There are also off air HDTV tuners only that should be able to output
>>NTSC as well as the HDTV signal.
>>
>>Kevin Wilks
>>Kevin's TV Repair
>>Penticton BC Canada
>>kevintv@xxxxxxx

Schneider TV & Electronic Inc.
5415 N. Wooster ave.
Dover, Ohio 44622       www.geocities.com/schntv2000/
330-343-0768         FCC. first class & Extra class K8WLY