[TechAssist] Re: Tenma 21-147A Soldering Station

  • From: "Garbage" <damon101@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2003 23:00:14 -0500

I've always liked Weller, the tips are $5 - 7.00 each, tip range is 600 to
800 deg, various  sizes, and I've had my soldering iron out in the field
since 1988. Sure is beat up, but still works like it did when new. Only had
to put on a $70.00 soldering iron assy. because I had trimmed the old cable
over several years....now learned to reinforce the wiring to minimize wear.
I replace the tips every 3-6 months.

Can't beat a $105.00 unit like that.

Damon Brunger
Telrad Electronic Services