[TechAssist] Re: TV Mitsubish VS-502R Convergence

  • From: gulftech@xxxxxxxx
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 9 May 2002 10:15:12 -0500

Richard,

Your post probably brought back a lot of memories.  The first time I
attempted a major convergence, I had the same fate.

Three things are required.  1.  A crosshatch pattern.  It cannot be done
using just the built-in "crosshairs."  This will take a pattern generator
or (much cheaper) an alignment tape such as Zenith #892-58  2.
Information from the service manual on the function of each control.  3.
Patience.  Will take a lot of time, especially since many controls have
been turned.

I should have that manual, but can't seem to find it, yet.

Please give your fax number so (when I find the manual) I can copy the
material you need and send it to you.

HTH

Ken Smith
Gulf Technical Services
3034 Gulf Breeze Parkway
Gulf Breeze, FL  32563
850-934-8324 (Voice) 850-932-0819 (Fax)

On Thu, 9 May 2002 01:47:30 -0500 "Richard \"Wolfe\" Strickland, MCSE,
MCP+I, MCP, CompTIA A+" <wolfe-mcse@xxxxxxx> writes:

> Howdy...
>

> I have not had to work with convergence until now, as it seems my TV
> suddenly went off.  I have checked, and retightened the screws
> holding the
> silver screen in place, as this is a frontal projection TV which
> uses a
> mirror to reverse the beams of light.
>
> I put the TV into test mode via the onboard controls, and aligned
> each of
> the guns to what appeared to be perfect alignment.  Now when I went
> back to
> a picture, I found the guns were WAY out of alignment.  I decided it
> would
> be best to use a picture to align the guns, but without a service
> manual, I
> am not sure what each of the adjustment screws represent, with the
> exception
> of those label R-V-BOW, and B-V-BOW.
>
> I would appreciate if anyone could give me a site with an excellent
> tutorial, or thorough step-by-step of how to perform a convergence
> alignment
> on this model of TV.  I am not seeking perfection, but I would like
> something that you cannot spot a gun being off at 20 feet either.
>

> Respectfully,
> Wolfe Strickland, MCSE, MCP+I, MCP, A+

> ***NEW*** Tips Added Instantly!!!***
> Submit Repair Tips here: