[TechAssist] Re: TA Samsung TC2540S..R415 open..FBT replaced 1 month ago

  • From: Jorge Camboni <geo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 13 Dec 2003 15:06:22 -0600

Hi Jeff. The .39 resistor will work cooler than the .47. However,
HOT current drain seems to be on the high side (maybe as  much as 1.5 amps)
If everything runs cool but the resistor, perhaps using a 2 watts unit
will be safer. The cause may be a less-than-perfect flyback...
best regards
Jorge

At 11:01 p.m. 10/12/03 -0500, you wrote:
>I repaired this set exactly one month ago.
>Replaced the FBT with a generic from Acme Sales...(Don't say it). Also,
>replaced the fuse, HOT and R415.
>Got a call today the set was dead again, just clicked on, then clicked off
>when pressing power.
>Went over this evening to find R415 (.47/1w) open again and burnt. I
>replaced it with a .39 ohm and the
>set worked. The color bands were burnt on this.
>The B+ goes through this resistor.
>I felt the resistor after running the set for a while and it didn't get
>real hot.
>Question, could a faulty flyback cause this or a marginal reg?
>Is it possible the lower value I used may increase the longevity of this
>component?
>Thank you.
>
>Jeff Dougherty
>Intrepid Video TV/VCR
>263 S Front St
>Steelton PA 17113
>fax...717-564-4952
>www.intrepid-video.com www.tech-repair.net

>Lost Password:
>Email Archives:

Jorge Camboni, GY Electronics, Richardson, TX