[TechAssist] Re: TA Samsung TC2540S..R415 open..FBT replaced 1 month ago

  • From: "Technotronic Dimensions" <Steve@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 11 Dec 2003 12:20:06 -0500

Jeff:

           Sounds like a 'transient' type failure. Probably the Generic Xfmr
does not ring precisely as original equipment, possibly because they use
cheaper material to construct, and may be more temperature sensitive than
OEM. So on a cold Morning you tend to see things like this happen. Your .39
ohm will likely go again if the same conditons are present and the set is
turned on in a cold condition...which is what I am guessing is what they
did. I would go higher in Value than .47 Ohms if it were me. Sounds like
this resistor is there just for protection against a condition like this. I
would say anything between 1-1.5 Ohms from 0.5 to 1W ought to work if you
dont have a 2W 0.47 ohm in your Tool box.

Steve Hearns
Technotronic Dimensions, NY (USA)
1-877-817-9885 (Voice / Fax US Only)
WWW.TECHNOTRONIC-DIMENSIONS.COM