[TechAssist] Re: Sylvania TV/VCR SSC130 Won't eject tape

  • From: gulftech@xxxxxxxx
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2001 19:04:44 -0500

Thanks to both Rob and Dave.

I neglected to say that I ALWAYS clean & lube (or replace) the mode
switch in any vcr or combo when I have to tear it down that far.  The
belt isn't slipping.  Something has it jammed to the extent that the
motor cannot turn.

The one I had today had cracked heads, so that the VCR portion is history
anyway.  Had screwdriver marks on the upper cylinder where the customer
tried to remove the tape.

Will let you know in the future if I find out the cause of the jam.

Enjoy the day.  Pray for America and our leaders.

Ken Smith
Gulf Technical Services
3034 Gulf Breeze Parkway
Gulf Breeze, FL  32561