[TechAssist] Sylvania SRT2127S

  • From: Richard La Placa <continentaltv@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 21 Sep 2005 18:21:03 -0700 (PDT)

Set shuts down instantly.All voltages start to rise and then suddenly drop.
High voltage starts and vert pulses start at yoke and that's it.Horiz drive
quits and the power supply goes into standby at about 43-44volts.I tried all
the tips I can find, replacing optoisolator and even the flyback, thinking it
may have had an internal short. There are a lot of these sets around here and I
was able to fix several before with burned resistors and zener diode and
transistor shorts, but this one has me stumped.We cant get a schematic from
sears for these things and I was hoping someone out there might have some info
on these sets regarding shutdown paths. I be live some of these will shutdown
if the vert pulse dint get back to the micro but I cant find any comparable
circuits.Does anybody know where I can find any info on this chassis?
 Thanks!!!!!!!!!

Richard La Placa
Continental TV
312 a Park Row