[TechAssist] Re: Sylvania 27U104 vertical problem

  • From: "Jim Myers" <jr.myers@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 1 May 2002 15:01:02 -0500

The customers original problem of intermittent vertical collapse sounds like
the old pump up diode problem of the C8 and C9 chassis era, once in a while
the vertical would collapse and pop right back to normal. That would be D550
in this chassis and it was D550 way back then too. Worth a try, you can
replace it with an NTE580 type diode.
Jim Myers
Telrad Electronic Services Co.
Fort Wayne, IN 46815