[TechAssist] Sony Play station 'Fixed'

  • From: "Bill S" <billans@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 14 Nov 2001 10:14:18 -0800

Hi all;
An update...I had posted a question for Sony play-station and the power
supply....
Thank you all who replied with helpful hints.  I did order a kit from
"Electronix" and instead of a power supply kit, it was a kit that re-aligned
the laser track assembly so that the focal point of the laser would be
closer to the disc.  Apparently the assembly wears down so that the laser
will not be at an optimum efficiency.  I wonder if this kit would also be
useful in other laser assemblies used in DVD's and CD's players??????

However the kit was not the answer as what it turned out to be was the
spindle motor and a goofy switch that was causing the power supply to be
funny.

The power supply does have low voltages (3.7 and 2.8 volts)

Again thanks to all who wrote and helped!!!

Bill