[TechAssist] Sony LCD proj KF50XBR800 picture intermittent on/off

  • From: "tvservice" <tvservice@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 24 Jun 2005 15:42:04 -0500

Hi group,
am servicing this proj tv it will come on normal for about 1 minute then
picture and sound go off, lamp goes out.
Just as it goes out the "standby led" starts blinking, at 30 blinks you hear a
click (relay) and at 4 more blinks picture and sound are back. It will operate
about another minute and repeat cycle.
Is this a lamp or ballast problem?
I remember seeing something posted about the Sony LCD projection sets having
some ballast modification but I didn't save them.
Please any help would be appreciated

Robert
tvservice@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
H & H Electronics Inc