[TechAssist] Re: Sony KV32s20 No video or OSD, sound ok. Red light blinks continuously.

  • From: "Damon" <DamonEB@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 05 Jan 2006 19:29:49 -0500

Go to the CRT board, this will tell you more.....check for 200 Volts on the
Cathode supply line and also check the screen connection for voltage. If
they are there....turn up the screen to illuminate the Crt.

If they are not there, then go to the Horiz output collector circuit and
with a REAL good DC meter (must handle a 1500V AC signal) measure both AC
and DC---AC should be....I think around.....220 V ac....If you get OV Ac and
135V dc then the horiz out isn't getting turned on...To get it turned on,
show it a picture of a naked chassis....

Ok, back to serious...check the drive transformer to the  horiz output's
base, loose connections around it and the supply resistor are kinda common.
Also check to make sure the CRT's heater is glowing.

Damon B
Telrad Electronics
Fort Wayne IN