[TechAssist] Re: Sony KV-32TW25 Flashing Picture

  • From: Paul <dntwntv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 2 Feb 2006 10:21:39 -0800 (PST)

Perry
First thing that comes to mind is the 1K problem. If you are not familiar with
this.  Tie three 12k-18k resistor's together at one end. solder the other end,
one to each kathode R,G,B. If this doesn't stop the problem,try isolating the
heaters by wrapping a couple of wire loops around around the flyback to the
heaters. Of course the heater circuitry needs to be disconnected. The problem
can also be elsewhere but this might be a place to start.
Paul

--- PerryThorpe <pkthorpe@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi All
> I have a Sony KV-32TW25, The picture flashes on and off and will do this for
> several hour I'm told by customer before they get a picture that stays on
> long enough to watch.I noticed that the OSD stays on ,but goes with the
> picture.The customer said ,when the picture stays on long enough at a time
> the OSD goes out ,but comes back on when the picture goes off .Also the sound
> stays on with no interruption.As I only see one or two Sony TV's pre-year I
> don't have service on this TV.Any help any of you can offer on this one will
> be appreciated.
> Thanks
> Perry Thorpe
> Thorpe's Electronics
> Beattyville,KY 41311
> pkthorpe@xxxxxxxxx
> This Email List is accessible to the general public through search engines.
> Remove: http://www.tech-assist.org/remove.htm
> Set Vacation mailto:ecartis@xxxxxxxxxxxxx?subject=set%20techassist%20vacation

Paul ,B
Central TV&Video