[TechAssist] Re: Sony KV32S20

  • From: "Leonard Caillouet" <lcaillo@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 19 Dec 2002 07:17:21 -0500

I agree when it comes to flybacks.  I have had very bad experiences with
aftermarket copies from several sources.  The last two that I tried from
Contact Industries (CRC) either didn't work right or didn't work at all.  I
had a customer find a NLA replacement for a Sony through a supplier in
Canada (sourced from China?) and it works poorly.  The inductances of some
of the coils measured as much as 30% differently than the original.  The
only time that I will even try them is when the original part is NLA from
the manufacturer of the set.

I assume that Bob means the manufacturer of the set when he says OEM.  We
should be careful because the manufacturer of the set is not necessarily the
OEM for the part.

Leonard G. Caillouet