[TechAssist] Re: Sony KV32FS200 shut down instantly,5 blinks. tough FIX

  • From: "Damon" <damoneb@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 28 Jul 2005 19:39:53 -0500

5 blinks is IK problems (or Crt problems). Sony does not guarantee that the
Blink codes "specifically" point to the actual problem. They are designed to
"assist" a technician and "possibly help" in the diagnosis......

The fact that the Crt Did Not Light Up indicates that the 5 blinks is
correct.....since the crt didn't light.
Also notice that the B+ OVP and the B+ OCP (1 and 2 blinks) did not come up
since the problem was in a voltage supply NOT Monitored.
Also the Vert (4 blinks) and the HV (6 or 7) didn't occur because they were
validated. What I mean is the signal was present and not tripping a shutdown
circuit.
It's a little tricky, but 5 blinks is very common for a multitude of weird
circuit failures.

Damon B
Telrad Electronics
Fort Wayne IN