[TechAssist] Re: Sony KV27S35 (AA-2 chassis) no raster but has audio

  • From: "Peter oliver" <oliver_peter1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 23 Jan 2003 19:56:01 +0000

I have had bad connections on the Vetrical IC blank the picture on some of
these. Also does the standby lamp on the front blink in any pattern?

Peter Oliver
Tucson Radio TV

From: "Gemini Computer & TV" <geminitv@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: "Techassist" <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [TechAssist] Sony KV27S35 (AA-2 chassis) no raster but has audio
Date: Thu, 23 Jan 2003 14:43:24 -0500

I have a Sony KV27S35 (AA-2 chassis)with no raster but has audio. I am not
getting high voltage and I have no horizontal drive from the jungle IC. As
it turns out, I only have about 7.85 volts (loaded) on my 9 volt supply from
the power supply. I have replaced the 9 volt regulator and it's capacitor
C647 as well as the jungle IC. All parts were replaced with Sony originals
but I still have the exact same conditions. Sony technical assistance could
not help beyond recommending replacing the 9 volt regulator (I did not
realize I had one in stock when I was troubleshooting it with them). I found
one and installed it but I am still at the starting line. No wonder my
daughter asks me if Moses parted my hair!!!!! Any takers?

Bob Waterman, CET® #RI-28
Master Technician License #9109
Service Manager
Gemini Computer, TV, & Security Alarms