[TechAssist] Re: Sony KV27FS100L

  • From: Paul <dntwntv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 30 Sep 2005 13:48:17 -0700 (PDT)

The pulses are  about 4 or 5 hundred p/p. I scoped it at the collector of the
HOT, but with only 47v I didn't expect much else. The slow start circuitry that
you mention seems to fit what is going on.This set is Mar. 2004. I have been
checking the scan derived voltages to see if something could be the cause
there, but haven't found anything yet. The markings on the chassis are not
helping either. I have found mismarked components and the 6's,8's and 9's are
hard to tell the difference. Then to make matters worse the customer is moving
and wants the TV today. Love this business!
                                   Paul
Wayne Vanaman <Wayne@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
What do the horizontal pulses look like? If you can't probe the
collector of the horizontal output transistor probe a secondary.

I haven't paid attention to the actual startup of these, but there are
several sets now that are using a "slow start" in the horizontal
section. They will typically run the output transistor at 20Khz or so
for a couple of seconds then drop down to 15K and the set comes up at
full power. It uses the start up time to determine if all supplies are
coming up. I don't see the audio supply being monitored anywhere.

Wayne Vanaman
Omega Electronics
6904 W Fairfield Dr
Pensacola, Fl. 32506-3310