[TechAssist] Re: Sony KV25FV300 BA6 Dead-shutdown

  • From: Jim Myers <jr.myers@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 15 Jan 2006 06:46:44 -0500

Peter, this sounds like it could be the same type failure that ate my
lunch for two days this past week working on a KV27FS320. I tried all
those things too then tried jumping the main relay RY600 and found that
the set worked perfectly. The bias voltage to the base of the relay
driver transistor was being pulled down by the OCP circuit and that
would turn the set off as soon as it turned on. If this trick works take
a look at the OCP circuit Q590, there should be no voltage on it's
collector and in the set I had R595 was open and caused a false OCP
shutdown. Do you have the manual?

The Old Master Technician
Since 1972                     *
Jim Myers                      *