[TechAssist] Re: Sony KP61XBR38 repeat STK converg. IC failure

  • From: Gerald Gann <alpha21century@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 7 Oct 2004 07:47:00 -0700 (PDT)

    Larry had this happen once on a Sony Projo. When my tech replace the STK?s
he had to chisel them off with a small screwdriver and gouged a grove in the
aluminum chousing a burr. Lasted 3 months. When changing STK?s again he
realized what he did. Filed off the burr reapplied heat sink compound, it has
been a year and a half now no problem. poor heatsink thermal
Jerry

Alpha 21 Electronics

Granite City, IL 62040

 Ph. 618-452-8620

Fax 618-876-5157
www.alpha21century@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

tvtech <tvtech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
check the caps there ususally yellow and small 1 micro 50 volts

good luck

pete