[TechAssist] Re: Sony KP61V25 ***Clicks***

  • From: "Gemini Computer & TV" <geminitv@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 21 Nov 2003 10:36:16 -0500

Text pasted from WinSTIPS 2.0
http://www.ServiceSoftware.com

SONY   KP61V25

Power Control Relay Cycles On And Off. Power Button No Effect

Replace +12v Reg Ic652 On G Board

SONY   KP61V25

Power Control Relay Cycles On/Off

Replace +12v Regulator IC Ic652 On G Board

SONY   KP61V25

Power Control Relay Cycles On/Off With Antenna Connected :

Jeff Stielau : 3/7/03 : Shoreline Electronics Repair

After Changing A Cxa1477as Jungle Chip For Typical Vertical Picture
Distortion. The Set Ran For About 10 Minuted Then Shut Down With The Power
Cycling On/Off. Here Is The Scoop On Fixing It.

Problem Turned Out To Be A Shorted 1uf 50v Poly Cap (C1516)  Off Of Pin 7 Of
The Vertical Amp Ic ( Ic1501 Stv9379).

My First Mistake On Troubleshooting This Was That I Had Been Taking
Waveforms About 10 Seconds After The Set Was Turned On & I Assumed We Had No
Vertical Drive From The Cxa1477 Jungle Ic301.

Scoping The V-Drive Pin 30 On Ic301 When The Set Was First Turned On
Revealed Good Drive....Then After 10 Seconds It Will Be Shut Down If The
Cxa1477 Doesn'T See On Vertical Ok Signal Of 7vdc On Pin 28 (Lpf).

Moving To The Vertical Output Ic1501 , We Had The Good Drive On Pin 1 ,
Output Pin 5 Had -15vdc On It...No Output!

Pin 7 Was At 0v....Should Be 1.5vdc , Upsetting The Balanced Input Causing
The Improper Output.

A Lovely Learning Experience On The Ra Chassis!

Text pasted from WinSTIPS 2.0
http://www.ServiceSoftware.com

SONY   KP53V25

!! Check This Capacitor When Servicing !!

C667 470uf 25v Next To Ic652 On Power Supply Board. We Had This Set In For A
Lighting Hit & Found This One Oozing & Leaking ( Not Caused By Lighting
Hit....Just The Fuse Blew)

Bob Waterman, CET® #RI-28
Master Technician License #9109
Service Manager / Parts Manager