[TechAssist] Sony KP53V85 dead

  • From: "repair1" <repair1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 13 May 2004 13:27:18 -0500

Sony KP53V85 dead (storm damage)

Set came in a couple of months ago,It was full of roaches so I put roach
traps in set and sealed in plastic. I reoved all the dead roaches and
excrement, does not appear to have any  damage froam the little critters. I
have no stby B+, I found r607 (4.7 ohm 1/8 watt) open. I could not find any
semis shorted so I replaced it, r620 (10 ohm 1/8 watt) then opened. These
resistors are in series and go to stby transformer t602. I f any one could
scan ps ckt of this set or offer some suggestions I would greatly appreciate
it.

Charles Betzler
Best Electronics
repair1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx