[TechAssist] Re: Sony KP51WS510 projo wide screen, need purchase advice

  • From: "Terry H." <tvdoc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 3 Nov 2003 18:08:26 -0600

Where did the 7 year thing come from? I've personally read a form letter
written to a former employer from the Federal Trade Commission stating that
mfgs. are only REQUIRED to maintain inventory during the warranty periods.
Anything outside that is considered a 'courtesy' by the mfg. If 7 years were
true, then Mitsubishi should be shutdown for killing parts in two years.
Notice how foreign companies moved their US Hqs from California to the
southeast states? California requires companies based there maintain
inventory for 5 years. Give me Hitachi anyday. Not only good designs, but
ethical to boot.
Terry H.
The TV Shop
Gonzales, Tx