[TechAssist] Sony KP-51WS510 "8 blinks"

  • From: "Valley TV" <valleytv@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 04 Jan 2006 06:14:57 -0500

Hi everyone.. "Happy" 2006!!
I had a KP-51WS510 yesterday (TODAY again!!!)that had no snd.no pix and bli=
nked
8 times (front LED).  I went to the home last night and "confidently" repla=
ced
the audio output IC.  NOT easy in a very poorly illuminated home with a 90%
dead flashlight but I thought f-i-x-e-d.  Yeah, right! Powered up and was=
=20
greeted by 8 blinks again...  Started to dig but customer was angry about=
=20
the time (ok..so it was 11pm AGAIN..Goodbye 1st New Year resolution of NOT
being in the middle of nowhere at midnight!) and wanted to go to bed.
Before leaving for the night I did notice that the neon bulb by the hv outp=
ut
transformer glowed brightly when the set attempted to start so I unplugged
the anode wire from the splitter and got a pulse of hv before shutdown.

Any rhoughts on this before I have to go back today?????
TIA!!!

Gary
Valley TV
Drums, PA office