[TechAssist] Sony EV-S900 8 MM VCR, pwr button does not turn pwr on or off,display is dim on left side.

  • From: Kevin <kevintv@xxxxxxx>
  • To: TECH-ASSIST <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 22 Dec 2002 15:24:17 -0800

Hi fellow techs,

Customer repaired bad connections on video out connector, and caused
dead condition.  I replaced fuse ps104, but unit does not come on when
pwer switch is pressed.  I can turn on the VCR by pressing the
close/open button for the cassette motorized drawer.  I can then put a
tape in and everything works fine.  But I can?t turn the VCR off with
the pwr switch.  The display is dim on the left hand side and gets
brighter as you go to the right unitl it looks like normal brightness.
Customer wants everything to work properly so I will try to accommodate
him.  Does anyone have a schematic for this 8MM VCR?  There are numerous
boards and connectors in this older 8MM so a schematic would be greatly
appreciated.  TIA

Kevin Wilks
Kevin's TV & Video Repair
Penticton BC Canada