From: <youmans@xxxxxxxx>
To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, February 01, 2006 7:05 AM
Subject: [TechAssist] Sony Color: 8AD10, Power Supply Problem

> Manufacturer: Sony
> Type: 8" Color TV
> Model: 8AD10
> Symptom: Power Supply Problems
>

> Television works fine. During the month the customer unplugs and moves the
television from one room to another approximately every other day. About the
tenth time unplugging the television and re-plugging it back in (with the TV
turned off), Resistor 602 (2.2 ohm, 3W) blows. I have changed the flowing
parts in the switch mode power supply:

> D605
> D606
> D608
> D612
> D609
> Q601
> T602 (Switch mode transformer)
> R602
>
> There appears to be a problem with in-rush current starting up the switch
mode power supply into the standby mode.