[TechAssist] Re: Sony Cam CCD-TR94 Drum motor problem

  • From: "J Silverman" <greentron@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 16 Feb 2006 20:17:24 -0500

I have seen this a number of times before in similar models, but from a
variety of causes. If you dont see an obvious mechanical problem, use a
small screwdriver to wiggle the mode switch rotor. I have seen the rotors
with excessive side play or even broken completely away from the stator.
Then use the Service RM95 to read out the emergency codes. If it says "drum
fg" then you are probably right that it is some sort of drum problem. We had
one a few years ago that seemed to have marginal drum torque and would stop
when touched with some tapes and not with others. We thought it might be
stiction and burnished the drum but it didnt help. There are only a couple
of electrolytics that could be related to the drum motor and they checked OK
but we changed them anyway and it didnt make any difference. The current
sense resistors measured the proper value. Later on we swapped the drum with
one from a different camcorder and that didnt fix it either.
Jerry Silverman Greentron Inc
Mail to: greentron@xxxxxxx
4 Newland Ave Greenville SC
29609                864 232 3889