[TechAssist] Sony AV/DVD M# HCD-S500 Tray will not open ( DAV-S500)

  • From: "Phillip R. Hull" <phil245@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 9 Jun 2003 11:08:47 -0400

Techs,
I usually do not repair these Sony DVD's but a rental store brought in two
of these(same symptom) and I said I would look at them.
Unit turns on and has diplay lit but will not eject the CD.  When you press
open/close button you here a relay click but tray will not open and CD does
not spin.  It has 12v, 6.5v and 3.3 volt on the plug from power supply.  Ic
903 in power supply gets real hot (I think its 903 but the last number is
distorted ) and so does IC 607 on DVD board.  any help on this would be
appreciated, before I order a manual.

P.S.   I Just noticed that the display does not lite up until you press the
open close button

Thanks
Phillip R Hull     STET
phil245@xxxxxxxxxxxxx