[TechAssist] Sharp R820BK double grill convection M.wave. Display mostly gone, FIX

  • From: Phil Bader <tjanphyl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 22 Jul 2005 17:14:08 -0400

All functions worked, if you knew what buttons to push, the florescent
display was mostly gone, and what was there was gibberish.
There are two PWB(boards) in this, the main large one with all the power
relays on it: That one was OK>
The other is a smaller upper one with a ribbon cable between the display
glass and board. There are two other grey cables with a row of wires I
had to unsolder and resolder to the hew small board with display.
Part needed was:
DPWBFB794WRKO " CPU unit W/ display,upper control unit"
Lists for 73.33, Tritronics stocks it.
Fixed. This is a bear to unsolder these wires, they are stranded and
hard to stick thru the holes without fraying all over. I charged 79.00
labor+9.00 S/H + retail on part. It is not a cheap oven. In a nice RV.
Phil

--

Philip Bader
Jan Phyl TV Inc. (estab. 1976)