[TechAssist] Re: Sharp M# 25N-M100

  • From: "Webster's TV" <webstertv@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 15 Jun 2005 14:05:07 -0500

Phil,

Anythings possible I guess, I'm not real familiar with Sharp's(don't see too
many in my area), so have no idea how to enter service menu, or what
parameter you may be talking about. This set belongs to a elderly lady and
her complaint was it had audio, but the picture was black. Turning up the
brightness in on screen menu got  the faded(no contrast) picture. Brightness
adjustment seems to be working OK, except when set at mid range, the screen
is black, you have to turn brightness up to almost full range to get the
image on the screen. I just thought maybe someone had seen this problem with
this model before, and might have a tip that would point me in the right
direction. I  will probably end up having to order the schematic, unless
someone else has something on this problem. Thanks for the reply.

                                                   Dan Webster
                                                   Webster's TV
                                                   Shullsburg, Wi.