[TechAssist] Re: Sharp 27" TV - CN27S18 - Turn ON then OFF

  • From: "David Lessard" <mr_fixit@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 18 Jun 2004 14:08:58 +0100

I should elaborate on this problem. There seems to be no +B from the
switching regulator. I do hear the relay activate and I can trace AC to
the regulator circuitry but that's it. Standby voltages are obviously
working because the micro is responding to panel buttons and the remote
causing the relay to activate. I imagine the micro is also monitoring
the +B or some secondary FBT voltage, if it's not present the micro
turns off the relay. Question is, does the SMPS in this chassis fire up
when the relay activates or is it always on like in the RCA chassis's?
Are those STR=F6626 regulators a common failure?

Thanks again,

David Lessard
mr_fixit@xxxxxxxxxxxx